Saturday, October 16, 2010

Albemarle Fall

I am visiting Amy and TJ in Albemarle and it is such a beautiful morning. The fall air is crisp, the sun is shining brightly and there is the unmistakable smell of farm in the air. If you've never lived on a farm or in the country, you don't know what I am talking about. It can't be described....it's just there.

I grew up on a farm and I have to admit that I wasn't too crazy about it. It was hard work; I mean really hard work. And it was all the time except for December, January and February. As Janet and I were driving to Albemarle yesterday, we talked about a lot of things. But I especially enjoyed talking about my time on the farm as a child. Janet had never experienced any of those things. TJ has told me several times I need to put all those memories on pen and paper and today, with the ease of posting things on a computer, I have decided I am going to do just that. It will be a slow process, mostly because I have a lot to tell. I had a great childhood, raised in a home with not a lot of material things, but a lot of love.

I'm not going to start the process today. I am on a little mini-vacation and really need to give it more thought. TJ and Amy had to go to the clinic to check on a horse that Amy had to operate on yesterday and get him ready to go home with his "parents". After that we are going to the storage shed and unload the trailer and Jeep and then do a little sightseeing and maybe a little shopping. Oh, we are also going to visit the alpaca and llama farm. I've already seen them, but Janet hasn't and she's excited. She also wants to find some old cookbooks and I'm sure TJ or Amy can find her a source. We had a great trip getting here yesterday, only getting worried a few times and are looking forward to a great day. Tonight we are going to visit the Maze of Terror. I'm not real sure how I feel about that. I don't do well with scary things; but we'll see. I'll post more about that later.


No comments: