Saturday, December 25, 2010

As I sit here and think about this post, I realize that the last hours of Christmas Eve have evolved into Christmas Day. It has been a good day. I am at Albemarle, spending Christmas with TJ, Amy and Hannah. The one thing that would make it better would be having Ray here too.

I love this time of the year...not for the reasons that some may think. Of course, I enjoy the gift giving and receiving, the good food, the music, etc. But, I just enjoy the feeling that the Christmas season brings. Everyone seems to be friendlier. Everyone is hugging everyone else and telling them "I love you". The air just seems to be full of good will. I love how my Church looks at Christmas. We have a Chrismon tree, flowers, greenery and my favorite, candles. I will really miss being at my Church Sunday. I missed last Sunday too because I was at my sister's house. I can't remember when I missed two Sundays in a row. I think Marie and Arvin will both be singing Sunday and I will miss hearing them. I love to hear both of them sing. Marie will most likely sing "Mary, Did you Know?" and Arvin will probably sing "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day".

I have a lot to be thankful for this Christmas. I have my family, a job that I really love, a great Church, some of the best friends in the world and I could go on and on. I guess I need to get to bed. I'm not really sleepy but tomorrow is going to be a long day.

I want to take this opportunity to wish all my friends a very Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a Happy and Blessed New Year.

No comments: