Thursday, August 18, 2011

Haley

My post today is about one of the things I love the most – Haley – my beagle. I’m including some pictures of her. As you can tell from these pictures, she’s overweight (like her Mom), she’s getting older (like her Mom) and she loves to go to the office (with her Mom).

I don’t know if any of you have ever watched the TV show with Cesar Milan and how he trains dogs. I really enjoy the show and have learned a lot from watching it. I admire this man and his family and what he does for dogs. He has a special fondness for pit bulls and tries to educate the people about them and other breeds that people have a misunderstanding about. I really do not believe any dog is born mean/vicious. I believe people make them that way. I also believe God put animals, especially dogs, in this world for us to enjoy…..not abuse. I get a bi-monthly email newsletter from Cesar and today the main article was about how dogs can read humans.

Now, I am pretty sure some of you are laughing at me and think I have gone off the deep end. But on the other side of that coin, I know there are some of you that agree with me. I know Haley knows the difference in my getting ready to go to work and getting ready to go to Church. I don’t know if it is because I have on a dress/skirt when I am going to Church or what it is. But she knows the difference. On work days, I have to tell her to go to her kennel; on Sunday and Wednesday, when I come out of the bedroom, ready to leave, she has already gone to her kennel. I can go in and out of my bedroom 10 times as I am getting ready for my day, but when I put on my shoes, she jumps down off the bed and goes in the kitchen. She know the difference between the tennis shoes I wear when I mow the grass and those I wear at other times. She is my confidant; she listens to all my problems and doesn’t judge; she just loves me unconditionally. If I’ve had a bad day at work she senses that and tries really hard to distract me – she will hide from me, bring me her bone, jump in my lap, etc. as if to say “It’s gonna be okay. I’m here to play with you and help you forget the day”. She’s not much of a cuddle dog, but when I am down/sad, she senses that and at those times, she just comes to me and sits quietly by me or lays her head in my lap and looks at me with those big brown eyes as if to say, “It’s gonna be okay. Tell me what’s wrong and we”ll work it all out”.

DSCF5886

This was taken not long after I got her in 2006. 

DSCF2013

Taken about the same time as the first picture.

DSCF1520

This is one of her favorite places – my bed.  She sleeps with me and sometimes it’s hard to tell who is snoring the loudest.

DSCF1345

This was taken the Christmas Santa brought her a new bed.

001 (2)

This is her “kennel” at my office.  I can shut the door when I have a client come in. I also have several clients that like for her to come downstairs and visit with them.

019

This was taken about a month ago.  We had just come in from mowing the grass and she was waiting, patiently, for me to fill her water bowl.

010

I mentioned earlier how she can read my moods.  This pictures shows you what she does when my “temper” comes to the surface.  She has to struggle to get under my bed – she’s too fat and the bed is too low.  But she does it.

009

This is waiting for the “all safe, you can come out now”.

I love my little girl very much.  I know she is getting old and I really dread the day she isn’t with me any more.  She is such a lot of company for me.  She is truly a blessing from God.

No comments: