Sunday, January 17, 2010

Manns Harbor Scenery in January 2010

The last couple of weeks have been really cold. I think some of the coldest I can remember. Of course when I talk to my son Ray, who lives in North Pole, Alaska, and find out its 32 degrees below zero, then 29 degrees doesn’t seem so terribly cold.

These are just pictures I have taken over the last ten days or so that show the very different weather we have been having. All were taken from my front porch except the first six, which were taken from the old Manns Harbor Bridge. I stopped in the middle of the road to take them. It was so cold, the wind was really howling and after I got back in the car and headed on to work, I decided I must have been out of my mind.

DSCF2768 These two of a new pier being built. I believe it is for viewing purple martins.

DSCF2767

The next four were taken on the east end of the bridge.

DSCF2769

DSCF2770

DSCF2772

DSCF2771

This “tree” is located on the Ferry Dock Road, just down the road from my house. Some people would probably look at it and call it “trashy”. I look at it and see a “Fisherman’s Christmas tree”. This fellow always has some pretty unique things in his yard.

DSCF2774

I have seen some of the most beautiful sunrises from my front porch. I am truly blessed to live where I do and be able to see the glorious handiwork of God every day, whether is a sun hidden behind clouds as in this picture…

DSCF2778

…or the sun seeming to rise up right out of the sound…

DSCF2779

DSCF2781

…or the sun looking like a ball of fire that exploded over the sound.

DSCF2784

Whatever the sight, it is always awesome. It never ceases to amaze me how anyone can see sights like these and doubt there is a God.

DSCF2785

These two pictures were taken today, Sunday, Jan. 17. The temperature is 62 degrees. What a change from last week! I took these from my front porch to show you the fog lying just above the water. I wish I’d had my camera with me as I was coming home from church. I could have had a truly amazing picture to share with you. As I crested the high-rise of the bridge, the expanse of road to the end of the bridge was covered in fog. It was as if the road just disappeared. Kind of an eerie feeling actually.

DSCF2786

Have a great day friends. I know this beautiful weather won’t last and it will turn cold again. But, I am enjoying the sun today. My dog, Haley, is too. I let her out when I got home from Church and went to let her in a few minutes ago, and she had found a dry spot on the porch in the sun and she refused to move. I completely understand.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooooooo! Pretty photos! They are beautiful, Mrs. Brenda, but then you already know that you take lovely pictures. :) Thank you for sharing them!

Cynthia

P.S. And I remember what you mean about the fog on the bridge - very eerie feeling but a really cool sight, too.