Thursday, January 27, 2011

OBX Pridefest

Good morning everyone.  I hope all of you are doing fine and looking forward to a great day.

 

I mentioned a few days ago I was going to drop the subject of the OBX Pridefest.  But during the sermon at Church last night I changed my mind.  I have received responses about my earlier email from 2 gay men and 1 gay woman.  One of the men told me my email showed my ignorance and hate.  He is the only one I responded to, reminding him that in my email I said I did NOT hate the PERSON but I hated the SIN.  I will not back down on that stand. I believe it is wrong. I am not going to quote any Scripture because I don’t want to be accused of taking something out of context. After getting the emails Tuesday, I spoke with my Pastor and later he emailed me his response about the OBX Pridefest.  He has also posted his response on our Church website.  Instead of putting it in this email, I ask that if you are interested in reading his comments, please visit the website, www.ribaptist.com; click on Pastor’s Corner and chose Pastor’s Blog in the drop-down box. 

 

I would never intentionally hurt anyone; but I stand by what I said in the earlier email.  I know it is not my place to judge anyone; God is going to take care of that.  My role is to turn this matter over to Him and pray about this situation.  I ask that you join me.

 

Have a great day. 

 

 

 

 

Brenda

boutlaw@carolinaregion.com

 

 

No comments: