Monday, January 31, 2011

a picture for you

Good morning everyone.  I only have a few minutes but I just wanted to wish everyone a Great Week. The devil is really after me this morning; didn’t rest well last night; don’t feel too great; have a lot of work to do, etc., etc., etc.  But, I am going to put him behind me and enjoy this beautiful day the Lord has given me.

 

We had two great Church services yesterday and our night service ended with the observance of the Lord’s Supper.  It is such a special and holy time as we remember what Jesus did for us in sacrificing Himself so that we might have an eternal home.  Pastor always reads the portion of Scripture in 1 Corinthians that deals with the Lord’s Supper.  Then we have a time of silent prayer.  As I was praying my mind went back to the verse about our “worthiness”.  I am not worthy, in and of myself.  But, by God’s grace, I am.  It’s funny (as in peculiar) how the world judges worthiness.  Some people would say they are worthy because they have plenty of money, have a nice home, nice clothes, 3 cars, children attend private school or an expensive college, give a lot of money to church, and can pray very elaborate prayers in church.  They are VERY worthy of salvation.  But what about the person that has none of those things…..aren’t they worthy?  Absolutely!  I don’t have any of those things.  Oh, I don’t mean I am poor because I’m not.  In the eyes of the world, the lowly person may not be worthy; but thank goodness, God doesn’t look through the eyes of the world.  I am so thankful He deems me worthy of the greatest gift of all – my salvation.  I hope you have it too!

 

I hope all of you have an absolutely wonderful week.  I’m going to claim it.

Brenda

boutlaw@carolinaregion.com

 

If you have trouble viewing attached photos or would like to see the online version of this email, you can visit my blog to see the newest posts online at http://brendaoutlaw.blogspot.com

 

 

 

No comments: