Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Beautiful Morning

Good morning everyone. What a beautiful day – at least it is here in Manteo, NC. Bright sunshine, hear a bird sing now and then, just finished breakfast, getting ready to start on tax returns.  What more could a girl ask for?  Well, let me see….

 

maybe a tall, handsome man to take care of me and let me retire; we could travel together, go fishing, work in the yard.  Maybe a short, average guy would work just as well.  No, I am just joking.  I was just thinking about some of the comments I heard on the radio yesterday from some people that were single like me. They were complaining about not having anyone to be their Valentine.  Well, you know folks, there are worse things in this world than being single.  So, I don’t have a MAN in my life….I could be married to someone that abuses me, a drunk, a dope addict.  But, I’m not; I was blessed in that respect. Believe it or not – there are worse things in this world than being single. I have several men friends – close friends – that I can call on if I need help, need a shoulder to cry on, need my mower fixed, need my washer fixed, need…..I could go on and on.  I think the union between a husband and wife is so very special.  God planned it that way and like so many things in life, WE (humans) have messed it up in so many cases.  I have many friends and family that are blessed to be married to wonderful people.  Do I envy them?  I don’t really think so….I am glad for them.  When you’ve been single as long as I have (about 27 years), I think it would be hard to be with someone else all the time.  I have gotten so set in my ways I believe it would be hard to adjust to having to share….especially my time.  I am very jealous of my time – my “me” time – and I really treasure it. 

 

I should have done this email yesterday but  after I got to work,  it was go, go, go all day long. I barely had time to eat my lunch.  So, I am wishing all of you a  belated Happy Valentine’s Day. If you are truly in love, every day should be Valentine’s Day.

 

God bless all of you.  Embrace this beautiful day and all it has to offer you.

 

Brenda

boutlaw@carolinaregion.com

 

 

No comments: