Thursday, February 17, 2011

what a great day

Good morning everyone.  I hope everybody had a great night, slept well and feel really rested today. 

 

I have finally gotten pretty busy at work.  Corporation tax returns are due March 15 and I have been working pretty steadily on them for the last 10 days or so.  I love working on corporation returns.  The books have to balance, the return has certain sections of it that have to balance and I absolutely love it when things balance.  Sometimes when I am doing the monthly bookkeeping I will have a set of books that are out of balance and the mistake is mine –99.99% of the time.  It always amazes me that I have some big clients that have 10 to 12 pages of write-up work each month (this would be about 300 to 360 checks) and 5 pages of deposits and I can balance right to the penny.  On the flip side, I can be working on one of my smaller clients that has only 1 page of write-up work and 5 deposits and I won’t balance.  I learned early on to see if the amount that I was out of balance would divide evenly by 9.  If so, that meant I had transposed a figure. I am left-handed and people that write with their left hand make more transposition errors than right-handed people.   I truly love the feeling I get when I run a trial balance and it balances to zero.  It means I did my job correctly.  That is a good feeling.

 

I don’t have anything really special to talk about today.  We had a good Church service last night.  Our Pastor was not able to be with us; he’s kinda under the weather.  But Bud and Arvin filled in for him and did a good job.  We had songs, prayer and the Word of God was presented.  Bud and Arvin were kinda on the same track last night.  Bud spoke about capabilities, talked about some of his and told us how God expects the best we can do – whatever it is.  Arvin spoke about the work that is done around the Church and how it amazes him how such a small group of people can pull off what we do. A member of the congregation spoke and said….”It’s God”.   What a wealth of truth in that statement.  Without God, we couldn’t do it.  With God….all things are possible.

 

I hope all of you have a perfectly wonderful day.  It’s really beautiful here on the Outer Banks…we may reach 70 degrees this weekend!! Can you believe it? 

 

God bless you. Embrace the day and all it has to offer you.

 

 

 

 

Brenda

boutlaw@carolinaregion.com

 

 

No comments: