Tuesday, November 3, 2009

From My Heart

Last week, I shared an email with some friends about something that is very special to me. My Pastor's wife, Candi, and I pick up some children and adults on Sunday to bring them to church. We were talking about church and I mentioned to her how much I was enjoying the Pastor's sermons recently. I said I had noticed a change since our revival in September. Candi shared with me how she thought the change was in me; she had noticed it. She is a special friend of mine, probably the closest friend I have ever had. She knows things about me I have never shared with anyone else; and loves me anyway. She never judges me; just loves me. She and the pastor are like the younger brother and sister I never had, being the youngest child in my family. I am so thankful God brought them to Roanoke Island Baptist church.

I also shared this with those same friends. Monday through Friday, I read my Bible after I get to work. I like to read aloud; it helps me concentrate. I am reading in John and was in Chapter 4, reading about the Samaritan woman at the well. It is a familiar section and I have heard many sermons about it. Verse 29 caught my attention..."Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ?" "ALL THE THINGS THAT EVER I DID"? These words really hit home. Have you ever stopped to think that Jesus Christ knows every thought, every action, every word? It really saddens me to realize how "many things" I have done in my life that have broken God's heart. More than I could ever begin to count; some big, some little; some since I have been saved. I struggle with the music I listen to. Some of the television programs that I really like, I have a struggle watching them now. I used to skip over parts in books of favorite authors; now I can hardly bear to read those books. I know the change has come from God. I want the change to continue; I want my walk to be closer. I want to be a better testimony. I want "the things that ever I did" to be pleasing to Him.

No comments: