Wednesday, November 4, 2009

When God Answers Prayer

My son, TJ, called me yesterday afternoon to let me know about something happening with his business, Twisted Networx, before I read about it on FaceBook. One of his clients, who owed him a considerable amount of money, had decided to not only not pay his bill, but to sue Twisted Networx for $28,000.00. Needless to say, I was really concerned. I'm not TJ's official accountant; but I am the Mom that has been accountant for over 40 years and answer a lot of questions for him and give him advice if he asks for it. I know the company's financial status and the only thing I could think of to do was pray. So, I did. I knew God also knew the company's financial status and I just prayed for Him to please help them; but at the same time praying for His will to be done. Just a few minutes ago, TJ called me to let me know he had met the client and the client's attorney this morning and the matter was settled. And, the really great news is that Twisted Networx won! Thank you Lord! TJ conceded in a few small points; but the bottom line is the client paid part of his bill today and the rest is to be paid right away. I have truly learned the power of prayer in my family lately. I have recently had two nephews involved in pretty serious wrecks. Bud wrecked his motorcycle, spent the night in the hospital and had a few minor injuries. Zach flipped his truck two times and it burst into flames and he and his friend walked away, with very minor injuries. One of these young men is saved and I'm not sure of the other one; but I believe they were spared for a reason. Me nephew-in-law, Jim had a very serious heart attack last week. He survived and is home with no restrictions except lifting. The doctor said the quick reaction by his wife in carrying him to the hospital herself rather than waiting for an ambulance probably saved his life. I'm not sure whether he is saved or not; but I do know he was spared for a reason. I have an awesome God. Do you know Him?

No comments: