Saturday, November 28, 2009



The pig in the top picture is Max, a pot bellied pig about 4 months old. Cindy, the lady who brought them by had rescued them and Amy was putting microchips in them before Cindy carried them on to Pennsylvania. There were 5 of them and instead of bringing them in the clinic, Amy went out to the van to insert the chips. Naturally, being the camera buff that I am, I asked if I could go along and take a few pictures. Of course, was the answer. The chip was inserted behind the ear while Cindy did her very best to hold the squirming and screaming pig. And I do mean screaming. The noise level in that van was unbelievable. Cindy was a very interesting person to talk to and is very dedicated to her pigs. She also has KuneKune pigs. I looked them up on the internet and they are very unique.
The pig in the other pictures is Daisy. She is also a pot bellied pig about 2 years old. I asked her owners why anyone would chose a pig as a pet, not meaning any disrepect. They said they got that question all the time and the answer was (in their case) "we didn't; our daughter gave her to us". But, it was very obvious they love Daisy a lot. She was put to sleep to have a pedicure and while she was sleeping, I rubbed her back and scratched her tummy. Her "mom" told me Daisy played the piano, "and very well thank you". It was a fun afternoon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: