Saturday, November 28, 2009




Spook, the donkey in the top picture was born Halloween 2008, Jesse in the middle is the father of Spook . I hope no one finds the third picture offensive. As you can see, Amy is struggling with all her might to extract the baby. The baby's head and one of it's feet was already delivered and the other leg was caught. I have a whole new admiration for large animal vets after going on this visit with Amy. She really worked hard to help the donkey; but it just wasn't meant to be. In the last picture is part of the herd of goats on this farm.
There was one more with this herd; but instead of being the picture, he was trying to get his nose in my pockets. I pushed him away and made the comment that I hoped he didn't bite. The owner said he was a former pet but now he was just a pest. He wouldn't bite; he was just looking for food. He also had a pretty impressive set of horns, so I was very careful to always be aware of his position and never turned my back on him.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: